c'est le debut ... Paris

06 March 2014



As I look out of the window, my thoughts are of my time spent in Paris. It was a short trip with friends exploring as much of the beautiful city as possible before being whisked off to Rome.

The Lourve museum was my favorite, after seeing my other favorite the Eiffel Tower and before seeing my super favorite, the beautiful Château de Versailles.   Paris to me is a city that you can't help but fall in love with upon first seeing. It's as if there is a spell on all those arriving in the city to fall in love immediately. Its mystique, the beautiful architecture, romance... it's all so beautiful and alive.

When we arrived, our first stop was to get a glimpse of the beautiful Eiffel Tower. It was nighttime and the tower was lit with the most beautiful lights streaming and flickering up and down it's metal frame. I couldn't believe my eyes. There I was, standing before this gigantic art piece that is the beacon of this magical city. I was in awe, but most of all, I was so grateful and felt so blessed to be experiencing such magic. After taking in as much of the tower that our minds could hold, we walked to a crêpe stand that was just across the street. It was my first crêpe and my first time experiencing Nutella. I was in sensory overload. My eyes and taste buds have never been so delighted in all my life. The experience was an absolute dream that I didn't know I ever wanted to come true. I was in love from that moment forward.

As daylight streamed through the windows of our Paris apartment, we were all excited to start exploring the city & seeing more of the major attractions. Our first stop of the morning was the beautiful and enormous Lourve. We didn't get a chance to see even half of this fantastic museum. It would literally take days to view it in it's entirety so our plan was to see as much as possible & especially the famous Mona Lisa.

As we strolled the halls, I immediately fell in love with the sculpture exhibit. The attention to detail, the intricately beautiful replications of human shape and expression. I'll never forget the way I felt - so inspired and in complete awe of the talent of the sculptor artists that had created these beautiful treasures. I walked away with a fantastically deep appreciation for their talent, dedication, and artistry. I also walked away knowing I will one day be back.
 

© dana eason All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger